Join the lab
Enquiries from highly motivated, excellent prospective postdoctoral researchers or PhD candidates are always welcome.
Current job opportunities
PDRA in hand biomechanics/control
Applications are invited for a one year Research Associate position. This project forms a key part of the in vitro simulation work of the group, which is conducted in collaboration with clinicians at the Chelsea and Westminster Hospital. The post is funded by EPSRC to create, validate, and employ a new custom-made joint motion simulator for the hand. This work follows from our previous simulator work, which is published in the Journal of Biomechanics.
The complete job description and person specification may be found at: www.imperial.ac.uk/jobs/description/ENG00285/research-associateassistant.
Closing date: 24 April 2018 (Midnight BST)
Students are welcome to express their interest in joining the lab on projects of their own devising. Any students interested in this route are encouraged to contact Dr. Kedgley and to seek funding through the following routes:
- Imperial College Department of Bioengineering Studentships
- Imperial College Studentships
- Arthritis Research UK Scholarships
Other post-doctoral opportunities
Scholars of postdoctoral standing interested in joining the lab can be supported in applications to the following schemes:
- Arthritis Research UK Foundation Fellowship (3 years).
- Sir Henry Wellcome Postdoctoral Fellowship (4 years).
Non-UK staff can be supported in applications for:
- The Royal Society Newton Fellowships (2 years).
- Marie Skłodowska-Curie Individual Fellowships (IF), (1-3 years).